Thursday 25 September 2014

Sleep Eat Repeat

I don't pay much attention to my posts. Life happens and I try to summarise it in a (often very long-winded, essay style) post. Having read my posts and followed me on Instagram, some of my friends have highlighted, however that I am a bit of a foodie. Well, after a hectic weekend in Lithuania and busy week to follow, this weekend was dedicated to sleeping and (of course) food.

With Richard enjoying work drinks in Brighton, I got to spend my Friday evening with my beautiful friend, Chloe. We had dinner at Carluccio's which I always trust for good, simple, well priced Italian food. Particularly, I love the Covent Garden restaurant because there, you forget that Carluccio's is a chain and instead feel like you are in a lovely, welcoming on-off restaurant. I had a mozzarella salad for starters and spinach pasta for mains which I absolutely love. The dish is so simple but tastes incredible! Chloe had a prosciutto-based salad and tortellini for mains which she loved too and insisted that this be our new go-to place. Although thoroughly full, we needed another place to sit and catch up; not wanting any alcohol, we decided to visit the Haagen Dazs café in Leicester Square.  I wanted to try their ice cream macaroons but as they were out of it, I enjoyed some mango and raspberry ice cream with a latte. The dessert (as always) was incredible and our waitress was lovely; having long ago finished our desserts, we continued chatting and she kept on brining us glasses of water. After staying at the cosy café for far too long, we eventually made our way home
After a lazy Saturday morning, me and Richard decided to head to Westfield in Sheperd's Bush for some pre-holiday shopping (we are off to Turkey for a week on Saturday!) The shopping centre was quite busy and I didn't manage to find anything for myself (September isn't quite the right month for short searching). Mooching around the shops, we completely lost track of the time, realising we were cutting it fine for our dinner reservations back in Wimbledon. Not wanting to hurry, we cancelled our reservation, continued to window shop and had dinner at Po. I had squid for starters which was far too greasy for my liking and stir fried noodles with chicken and prawns for my main which was basic but relatively nice. Not wanting to go home just yet, we spent the rest of the evening at Ca'ppucino, sitting in the comfy, white chairs with our hot drinks and an incredible (warm) chocolate and pear brownie with vanilla ice cream and some melted dark chocolate. It may have been the best brownie I have ever had!
For the first time in forever, I managed to have a lie in on Sunday. It was exactly what I needed and pretty much set the mood for the rest of the day; laziness. Sigh... After staying in bed for far too long and watching some rubbish Sunday morning telly, me and Richard eventually headed out to Fulham to buy some food in preparation for our steak dinner (and some incredible carrot cake which we bought from Wholefoods). Our dinner proved to be very successful; the food was great, which we enjoyed with some gorgeous red wine. After our huge dinner, we spent the evening watching tv and recuperating from our hectic weeks, preparing for the one ahead.
Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment