Monday 15 April 2013

Spring is here

Finally, Spring has arrived - along with April showers and I managed to both survive and enjoy the weather all in one weekend.

On Saturday I had a lovely catch up with my friend Alex. We had lunch at Tinseltown on Great Portland Street for some good, old-fashioned American food with some amazing milkshakes (and I am not even a milkshake person). We reached the place quite early in the afternoon so managed to miss all the crowds and had our lovely food served really quickly. After the endless amounts of food, we decided to burn a slight fraction of it with some cardio - around the shops. The rain started falling quick and fast so we were running in and out of shops, whilst treating ourselves to some of Lola's cupcakes in Topshop.
"The Big Apple" shake
 After the lovely afternoon, Alex headed back home whilst Jess gave me a visit. We spent the evening eating Dominos pizza and getting ready for a night out on the town. It's been a while since either of us had been out and decided to give Piccadilly Institute a try. We were hoping to find an indie/pop club but the Piccadilly Institute (with its 5 separate rooms) offered every type of music aside from that. The club was really cool, every room having a different theme - in the doctor/meds room, mixers were served in what looked like medicine pill boxes. The music was decent too - we alternated between the 80's/90's and the R n' B/pop rooms - and whilst it wasn't the type of club we were looking for, overall it was a great night.

Sunday started off perfectly with sunshine streaming through the window which is the perfect start to any morning. After a little lie-in, I got dressed and headed down to visit my parents back home. I hadn't been back for a visit since Easter and thought that a trip down was due (that, and I was in desperate need of my trench which I left behind and the numerous magazine subscriptions which are still being delivered to my old address). It turned out to be a wonderful day. My mum made "cepelinas" - Lithuanian potato dumplings - which she hasn't made for about 6 years and we had strawberries and cream for dessert (perfect to enjoy with the new found warmer weather). All in all it was a pretty lazy day with plenty of food and lots of bad telly - the ideal Sunday.
So another successful weekend has come and gone and I am looking forward to all the weekends ahead even more so than ever, with the weather warming up. Sunshine can always bring a smile to my face!
<3 Spring <3
As for today, I have been feeling a bit under the weather so I have decided on an early night and a good night's sleep.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment