Monday 1 April 2013

Easter weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed their extra-long Easter weekend. I have to say that mine has been incredibly successful. Easter had a wonderful start with a trip to Bath with Edita, Donatas and their friend Julius.  The city is absolutely gorgeous and although we were a mere couple of hours away from London, it felt like we were in a whole new country! We spent most of the weekend walking around the city, eating a lot and walking some more. In the evening we went to our rooms where we drank a bit and played a lot of Uno - the best game to play in a group over a couple of drinks.
On Saturday, we had delicious scones at the famous Sally Lumm's, spent a couple hours at the Thermae Bath Spa, had a huge lunch and got back on the coach to return back to London. Rather than heading back to my new home, I went back to my parents' since I was going to spend Sunday with the family. Speaking of Easter Sunday, that too was incredibly successful. Donatas and Edita came in the afternoon and the day was largely filled with food, chatter and cheesy, classic films which included Miss Congeniality and Grease.
Today has been a mellow day, largely due to the endless amounts of engineering works which meant half of the tube lines were affected. I ventured up to Victoria, where I had lunch and coffee with my mum and then headed up to Baker Street where I found my new favourite bookshop, Daunt Books. I could have stayed there forever but thought it best for my purse to limit myself a little. I still left with a Paris book guide for myself and a cute little book for a friend's birthday present. I won't reveal the title, just in case she reads this blog and reads it before I she gets it but I really want to get myself a copy of it too!
Now I am back at the flat, ready to relax for the evening before starting the working week once again. All in all, this has been a very happy Easter weekend!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment