Thursday 11 April 2013

Cocktail hour


Usually I am very boring during the work week which consists mainly of work, gym, food and sleep five times over but when I my uni friend, Milla suggested meeting up for after-work dinner/drinks I couldn’t say no especially since I haven’t seen her since May! Milla has been studying for her year abroad in Germany and has returned to England for a few weeks – slotting in catch ups in the midst of writing her thesis.

Anyway, we met up at Covent Garden (yes, that place again, I seem to be unable to move away from it) for some delicious dinner at Wagamama. I love trying new food and places but you have to give your old favourites a visit too and in my defence I do try various dishes there and don’t stick to the Katsu Curry like most of my friends. After our delicious dinner, we went for a few cocktails at Covent Garden Cocktail Bar. The bar is members-only but having heard amazing things about it, I decided to sign up (it’s free to become a member and you only pay £1 for the card itself) and am very glad I did. It’s awesome! The atmosphere is really relaxed, the bartenders more than a little mental (making drinks whilst standing on the bar and multitasking by having a shot and mixing the cocktails and greeting every single person that comes in – we even helped make our cocktails by shaking them) and the cocktails absolutely delicious! I have to say, this may be my favourite bar in London (so far). We tested a couple of the cocktails whilst having a long-overdue catch up and even made some (temporary) friends. All in all, an incredibly successful evening!
And now, only one day left until the weekend and its shenanigans. Can’t wait!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment