Monday 30 July 2012

After-work drinks in Soho


As promised, I am going to let you guys in on the catch –up I had with my friend Chloe on the night of the Olympic opening ceremony.

Initially, I questioned my own sanity in deciding to meet up on a) a Friday night and b) during the Olympic opening ceremony in London, but it wasn’t as horrific as I imagined (honestly, I’ve been worried for weeks now, how I’ll get into work and how long it’ll take me to get back home). There was a buzz around Trafalgar and Leicester Squares but I think a lot of it was the typical Friday night, the-weekend’s-started buzz more than anything else. Anyway, we started off by having dinner at Bella Italia which really isn’t much of a find, considering it’s become a massive chain that exists not only all over London, but also all over the country (I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like everything has become a chain, making it harder and harder to find something cute and original). We found a really quiet restaurant on John Adam Street and whilst my pizza was very good, I think Chloe’s meal was rather disappointing. I tried a bit of her garlic pizza bread and wasn’t too impressed either since usually I quite like their food.

After the meal (which we stretched out for hours – as we have the habit of doing with our “chats”) we sought a few cocktails – I haven’t been having the best week at work so a few drinks with a friend sounded perfect! We decided on Balans in Soho. Now as promised, I am going to be completely honest with you guys: as much as I would love to take the credit for “discovering” the cafe and bar, the credit should be given to Chloe’s sister, Natalie who we called up (after a few failed attempts) and got the name and directions of the place. And it did not disappoint! I started off with a Pina Colada and Chloe had a strawberry Daiquiri and they were absolutely delicious. I forgot I was drinking alcohol and sipped it away like a milkshake. I switched to a Cosmo after that – can’t really forget you’re drinking alcohol with that.
They had a few TVs set up too, so everyone was watching the Olympic opening ceremony, with the girls (and guys) whistling away every time there was a camera shot of David Beckham. The place also serves food (which looked very yummy, indeed) which we skipped on (having had a very big Italian meal) but I most definitely intend on returning there for a few more cocktails and will test out their food too J

They were SO good!
Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment