Sunday 28 July 2013

Bex in the city

This has been a very exciting weekend as Bex has finally decided to come to London and visit me! Of course with the excitement of Bex’s visit, the week went by at a slower pace than usual and I have never been so happy to reach Friday!

Having finished work, I made my way to Paddington to meet Bex. We rushed to the flat, grabbed a bite to eat and left again to meet another uni friend, Amy for some cocktails at Covent Garden Cocktail Club. I already mentioned the place in a previous post and the cocktails were just as good as last time and the atmosphere far more crazy. We didn’t stay out too late as we were all exhausted after a tough week and managed to wake up fresh-faced and well rested on Saturday morning.
My inner old lady came out on Saturday when I took Bex to Ikea. I have been meaning to go for ages and since Mark was heading towards Croydon, he gave us a lift and we spent the morning walking around the store where I bought an amazing double duvet and a crazy amount of candles. We were a little Ikea’d-out after our trip so headed to the Alexandra roof terrace in Wimbledon for some lunch. We both had the steak sandwich which was absolutely delicious! After our very filling lunch (and frozen yoghurt for dessert) we headed back to the flat and spent the afternoon chilling out and watching tv which reminded me of our uni days when we spent afternoons doing just that in an attempt to procrastinate and avoid work!
In the evening, we dolled ourselves up and went out in the rain storm to Soho for a night of dancing at Miabella with Chloe and Naomi. Although rather small, the club was actually pretty good. The cocktails were reasonably priced and the music was a random mix of some recent commercial stuff and some more old school pop and r & b which equated to a great night out.

After another lie-in on Sunday, me and Bex headed to Oxford Street to Riding House Café for brunch with our friend Rosie. We all had buttermilk pancakes (and I had a smoothie) which were amazing and delicious! The interior of the café was really nice too, the atmosphere great and we had a lovely catch-up. We then had a bit of a rush to Paddington to make sure Bex got on her train which we just about managed to do. I then headed back to Oxford Street to find some covers for my brand new duvet. The crowds were a bit mental, the queues insane and I got home a shattered and not in the best of moods. After a little rest Natz, Mark and I went down to Spur in Wandsworth for dinner. The meal was amazing (I had a Hawaiian burger and Natz and Mark had all you can eat ribs and wings) and it was great to hangout out of the flat. 
Thanks for visiting, Bex!!!!
As for now, we’re enjoying movie night and will soon head off to bed to rest up for the week. 

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment